Business Development Representative
Become an integral part of an elite, diverse team while working at an industry creation organization. At Phosphorus Cybersecurity, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for professional leadership and growth.
Phosphorus Cybersecurity seeks a motivated Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our Nashville-area team. We value your professionalism and are looking for an innovative team player who can help us advance our business solutions, which will actively enhance the IoT surface cybersecurity posture of our customers – while increasing their ability to focus on other priorities.
As a Phosphorus BDR, you will be an important member of the Marketing and Sales teams, playing a critical role in prospecting, qualifying, and enriching leads while generating new business for Phosphorus’s leading, full-scope IoT and OT security platform. Working in collaboration with your peers, the greater Marketing team, and Account Executives, your primary goal is to identify and create qualified opportunities for the team you support. You will be responsible for vetting leads, finding contact information for target lists, prospecting new industry targets, researching/identifying/qualifying opportunities, and ultimately setting up first-time customer MQL meetings for the Account Executive and Sales Engineer teams. In most cases, you will be the customer’s very first introduction to the Phosphorus offering and experience. As the face of our organization, you are respectful and kind in all customer interactions, providing prompt, world-class service for potential clients.
The right candidate for this role is a quick learner who’s resourceful and has the drive to succeed. Ideally, you have a knack for software and can operate multiple programs with ease. This person will also have experience, familiarity, and interest in the enterprise security or enterprise cybersecurity industries.
- Build targeted email campaigns using automation software.
- Speak about the Phosphorus platform, hopping on calls to provide brief overviews and learn more about a potential customer’s business needs when it’s unclear if they’re qualified.
- Follow up with inbound leads, including prospects from tradeshows, webinars, and other special marketing events, while researching and developing new leads for Phosphorus products.
- Help define and present key performance indicators reported to Marketing and Sales teams. Complete KPI reports on a weekly basis.
- Schedule meetings and develop new business opportunities to help fuel Phosphorus’s growth.
- Reach out to inactive clients and prospects to generate interest in Phosphorus’s IoT/OT solutions, qualify opportunities, and schedule meetings to develop new pipeline.
- Update, document, and maintain customer information within HubSpot.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to generate additional prospects through research and reports from HubSpot.
- Transfer opportunity knowledge to the Account Executive and Sales Engineer prior to calls.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Phosphorus’s value propositions, market differentiators, and product offerings.
- Identify companies, personas, and individuals in our target markets.
- Minimum 2 years of BDR, SDR, or inside sales experience
- Highly preferred: Cybersecurity sales experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Persuasive and persistent with an upbeat attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with HubSpot for managing the end-to-end sales lifecycle of all leads
- Expert use of using CRM for reporting on opportunities
- Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold outreach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills backed with a keen attention to detail
- Experience using marketing automation and prospecting tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and InMail, Yesware, Zoominfo, etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently, and as a member of a project team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and competing demands
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.