Federal Director, Cybersecurity Sales
Become an integral part of an elite, diverse team while working at an industry creation organization. At Phosphorus Cybersecurity, you’ll help protect your customer’s IoT security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for professional leadership and growth.
Phosphorus Cybersecurity seeks a motivated career and customer-oriented Sales Director West, Cybersecurity Sales, to join our team. We value your professionalism and are looking for an innovative team player that can help us advance our business solutions, which will actively enhance our customers’ IoT surface’s cybersecurity posture and increase their ability to focus on other priorities.
As a direct sales position, you will identify, qualify, and capture tactical sales opportunities to align Phosphorus Cybersecurity with a customer’s mission and needs strategically. You will also command and manage all the moving parts through the complete life cycle to closure in this role. As a startup company, we are searching for an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, completing multiple complex tasks simultaneously, who can use his or her direct sales talent to expand the adoption of Phosphorus Cybersecurity capabilities. Duties also include developing business strategies and solutions for complex and multi-faceted customer problems and internally providing advice to support the overall growth strategy for driving Phosphorus Cybersecurity’s business activities in the region.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a successful track record of developing leads, proposal development, and winning security contracts within the Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail and Technology verticals.
- Fully conceptualize and evangelize Phosphorus Cybersecurity value proposition to prospects, VAR, OEM, SI, ecosystem and be the lead strategist for partnering to maximize customer success through the channel and partner sales model.
- Grow the West Coast Sales organization organically and build a strategic growth model for this growth
The candidate will have:
- A culture of being a team player and willingness to win as a team
- The attitude of doing right by your customer and focusing on their business goals with our company by assisting our prospects to mitigate the greatest risks in IoT
- Clear record of quota achievement and metrics-driven approach to prospecting and managing pipeline through to a successful close
- Proficiency in tracking potential opportunities and forecasting accurately on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Explores, identifies, and communicates potential opportunities with the company leadership
- Excellent proposal writing and verbal skills with an attention to organization, detail, and quality presentation
- Develop and execute account strategy for enterprise accounts and opportunities
- Develop GTM demand creation strategy for your respective territory
- Qualify and understand target prospects security priorities and provide compelling, differentiated association to IoT Security solutions.
- Establish relationships with key decision-makers, typically at the CISO and CSO level
- Leverage account knowledge and market intelligence to drive actions that generate sales outcomes.
- Exceed pipeline creation, booking and revenue quota targets
- Track, forecast, coordinate and report on sales opportunities
- Establish and manage relationships with key channel partners
- Coordinate local strategic marketing activities tied to the business’s goals.
- Develop, Implement and Optimize Strategy for partnering with partners to fuel their growth in the IoT Security market
- Advanced level of specialized knowledge, with a record of sales success; expert in the field
- Responsible for the sales of the company’s products within an assigned geographic territory and within a given group of named accounts within the region. Achieves sales budget by the growth of existing accounts and the development of new accounts
- Maintains a database of customers. Enters interactions with customers in HubSpot database
- Uses available resources to develop effective sales calls. These resources include opportunities identified by previous sales calls, invoices, Tech Service cases, webinar attendees and sample requests
- Sells new and existing products, discovers new opportunities, and secures incremental business
- Consistently performs effective sales calls throughout the assigned territory and closes new business opportunities
- Virtually attends trade and vendor shows and meetings or in-person as required
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers consistently meets the customers’ expectations
- Provide pertinent market and competitive information to the organization
- In collaboration with Engineering, develops short and long-range strategies for product expansion; assesses the potential application of the company products to meet customer needs and prepares detailed product specifications for the development, implementation, and customization of customer solutions
- Collaborate on presentations, product demonstrations, pilots and on-site customer visits
- Researches and analyzes the territories and the company’s markets, competition and product mix; make presentations on new and existing products to current and potential customers
- Provides innovative problem-solving approaches to enhance organizational capabilities; uses peer network to expand technical and sales capabilities and identify new sales opportunities
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, shares approach with sales leadership
- Uses a broad application of complex principles, theories and concepts in IoT security
- Creates opportunities to enhance technical methodology or content through expansion of existing or development of new efforts
- Assists in providing training to incoming staff
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years experience across enterprise security sales. Specific experience in IoT and cybersecurity is a requirement
- Ability to engage and build relationships with Executive level and C-Level stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of using a value-based selling approach
- Excellent understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- A proven track record in direct sales is essential (i.e., not in an overlay, partner, channel, team, or other indirect roles)
- Able to generate sales by managing the complete sales process
- Ability to construct and articulate strong business case and ROI, strategic account planning and execution skills
- Brilliant analytical skillset for reporting, forecasting and data analysis
- Experience with HubSpot for managing the end to end sales lifecycle of all leads
- Expert use of using CRM for reporting on opportunities
- Outstanding presentation and office tool skills
- Open to travel when required
- Willingness to assist in all areas of the business’s success!
Please email email@example.com to apply.